Regulatory Permitting Process
The permit process can be quite overwhelming and complex at times, requiring a seasoned professional team to navigate a project through the local, state and/or federal approval process. Clark Engineering LLC is an important part of that team to answer your questions and guide you each step along the way, a team dedicated to building a strategy tailored to your needs that can translate your vision into a reality. Our veteran clients have learned to involve Clark Engineering LLC early on, advice we recommend to anyone who needs a permit, whether you are a homeowner, a public official, or a developer. A call to us will enable you to flush out the challenges you may face, helping you to avoid costly mistakes from taking the wrong path, but also identify the opportunities that can lead you to a successful outcome.
Clark Engineering LLC addresses the permitting challenges we face today by:
- Being creative in our thinking, integrating “tested” design solutions into the permit process.
- Working as a team player with all the stakeholders, delivering reliable approaches that appeal to regulators without compromising our client’s interests.
- Staying engaged with the regulatory community by working closely with staff, boards, and commissions to understand their issues, recognizing there are often conflicting and overlapping interests between the parties involved.
- Being keenly aware of the outside forces that can complicate the process, such as community, political and environmental interests, making sure the strategy chosen addresses their concerns and provides value in return.
- Managing the process by being out in front of regulatory hurdles, always keeping a close eye on the schedule, quality of the product and completeness of a submission, making sure the client is involved in every critical decision along the way.
- Delivering convincing presentations at hearings by way of clear and concise communications, colored and readable drawings to secure approval.
Permitting Process Services
Clark Engineering’s managed and integrated design approach to the permit process enables us to provide the following services:
Planning, Public Health, Inland Wetland & Waterways, Conservation, Department of Public Works
- Site Plan Applications
- Floodplain Management
- Coastal & Inland Wetland and Waterways Regulated Activities
- Local Wetland By-Law
- Road and Infrastructure Acceptance
- Title 5 Septic Systems
- Community Septic Systems
- Municipal Sewer Connections
Departments of Environmental Protection, Transportation, State Traffic Commission, Public Health, and Utility Control
- Flood Certificate
- Coastal & Inland Wetlands and Waterways
- Wetlands Protection Act
- State Stormwater Management Regulation
- Stormwater & Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- State Highway Access Permit
- Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems
- Advanced Wastewater Treatment
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal/State National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit (NPDES/SPDES)